Our reading challenge continues! Here is the news from last week.
- In the PK/Kindergarten downhill skiing competition, Team Altobello made it down the mountain with the best set of times.
- In first grade, Team Peca’s bobsled ran a little faster than the competition, just beating out Team Lehmann.
- In the second grade, Team Seward’s ski jumpers went just a little further than the rest of the field, inching out ahead of Team Hudon’s strong second-week showing.
- In the third grade, Team Park sharpened their speedskates to take the week’s lead.
- On the ⅘ team there was a shake-up in the snowboard competition, with Team Stezzi getting just a bit more air than Team Levine to claim the top of the standings.
- Team Stezzi read the most hours in the school this week (209.3), just beating out Team Levine’s 197.3.
- We saw participation go up in many classes this week; overall, we have nine homerooms with over 50% participation: Teams Sudbay (88%), Levine (78%), Stezzi (78%), Lehmann (76%), Altobello (76%), Peca (71%), Garabedian (67%), Fiandaca (53%), and Shpritzer (50%).
School Site Council
The School Site Council meeting will be this Tuesday at 7pm in the Lowell lounge. We will be having a working meeting and writing our school improvement plan.
Progress reports will be going home on Wednesday of this week. Please keep an eye out for them in backpacks. PreK and kindergarten students have a different report that is accessible online.
Spirit Day THIS Friday!
This Friday will be CRAZY HAIR DAY! Come to school with your craziest hair style...I know the staff are getting very excited for this one!
Special Event for Grade 4 and 5 Parents
You’re invited to a parent education event on , from at the Watertown Middle School:
"I Get It"
...understanding your tween and preparing for the middle school years, will prepare parents of 4th and 5th graders for the transition to middle school and promote protective factors for youth in this age group. The event will feature Joani Geltman, MSW and include a welcome from Watertown Middle School Principal Kimo Carter. It is open to any adult who is interested in the topic and child care is provided on a limited basis for children age 4 and up. Please see the PTO update for more information.