Sunday, June 21, 2015

Monday Message From Ms Kaplan

Hello, Lowell families!

I hope you have had a wonderful school year. Today is my first day back to work after an extended maternity leave. I am so thrilled to be back at the Lowell! I look forward to seeing familiar faces this week as the school year winds down. I want to take this opportunity to extend my gratitude to Allison Donovan for taking such excellent care of the Lowell this year. She did an amazing job and for that I want to thank her!

I will get right down to business as there is a lot of information to share...even though I would love to blog on and on about how much I have missed the Lowell!

Last Days of School
This Friday, June 26th is the last day for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students. It is a full day with LEDP after school. Monday, June 29th is the last day of school for students in grades 1-5. This is a half day with dismissal at 12:15. There will be NO LEDP on Monday, June 29th.


Garden Expansion
This weekend a group of volunteers worked to build two additional raised beds in the Lowell Learning Garden. This expansion will allow all grade levels to access the garden for curriculum related projects. Thank you to all of the volunteers for your help in building the beds.




Report Cards
Report cards for students in grades 1-5 will be sent home on the last day of school. Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten report cards are accessed online. Please note that many organizations require your child's report card for registration. Please save the report card! If your child is not in school on the last day to receive their report card, you may pick it up over the summer. Please email me to arrange a time to pick up the report card. I will be working but the school is not open so I will need to know to expect you!

PTO Survey
The Lowell PTO is already beginning to plan for the 2015-2016 school year. Please use the following link to give feedback about PTO events: Lowell PTO Survey

Summer Reading
This Tuesday, Librarian Emily Miranda from the Watertown Free Public Library will visit classrooms to talk about the summer reading program. Monday, June 29th at 3:30 in the children's room of the library there will be a kick off event for the summer reading program. Author Jarrett J. Korsocska will be at the event.  Jarrett writes the popular Lunch Lady and Platypus Police Squad series. Here is a link to information about the event: Watertown Public Library Summer Reading Program

Coming Very Soon!
By the last day of school (6/29), I will send an additional blog post with the teacher and grade level configuration for the upcoming school year. I will also send grade level supply lists and post these lists on the school website. This is new this year and will allow families to get school supplies at their convenience. Placement letters, with your child's class assignment for the 2015-2016 school year, will be mailed out at the beginning of August.

I look forward to seeing all of you and your students this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment