Monday, April 8, 2013

Guest Post: Monday Message

I am pleased to have a guest blogger this week! Lidia DiIeso has been working as a principal intern at my school for the past five weeks. This is her last week with us here and she will be our guest blogger! Before her post begins, I have some updates:

PTO will meet this Tuesday at 7pm in the Lowell lounge.
The WPS Art Show Reception is this Tuesday at the Watertown Mall from 6-8pm. All are invited to attend!


This week will draw a close to my time as Ms. Kaplan’s intern. A big thank you to everyone in the Lowell Community for welcoming me into The School and making my time here a great learning experience.

It was a pleasure to meet some of you throughout the past month. Whether participating in committees such as the PTO and School Site Council, attending events such as International Night and The Family Dinner Project, or volunteering time to help in classrooms, parents at the Lowell School have demonstrated their commitment to their children’s learning.
The Lowell School is a great community of learners. I have spent many hours of my internship studying the Lowell School’s model for Response to Intervention (RTI).The effort I have seen put forth by all faculty members to create and implement Intervention/Challenge groups to address RTI is commendable. I have visited classrooms during the Intervention/Challenge blocks and these small groups have done well to address learning weaknesses. Students are making great strides.

The collaboration that exists within the Lowell is quite apparent even beyond creating Intervention and Challenge groups. In my month here, I have also seen teachers work together to create a whole-school reading initiative - Wrapped Up in Reading, and a group develop plans to establish a Learning Garden on the grounds outside of the Lowell.

After April vacation, I will resume my responsibilities as a 4th grade teacher at the Cunniff School. Then, at the end of May, I will complete my principal licensure program at the Commonwealth Leadership Academy and receiving my Massachusetts Principal License.
It has been a pleasure to have the opportunity to work at your school.


No comments:

Post a Comment