Friday, June 17, 2016

Letter from Ms Kaplan and Dr Fitzgerald

Dear Lowell Community Members:

It is with mixed emotions that I write to let you know that I have recently accepted the position of Elementary Math/Science Coordinator in the district.  This new position will allow me to be an instructional leader and use my experience in science education and curriculum coordination to focus on elementary math and science curriculum in Watertown. Most importantly, I have based this decision on the need to obtain a better work-life balance and to focus more on my health and my family.

I am very grateful to Dr Fitzgerald for giving me the opportunity to become principal five years ago and I am incredibly thankful that I have been a part of the Lowell school community. We have accomplished so much by working together. I feel honored that I have had the opportunity to work in such a collaborative and warm school environment where all stakeholders have children’s best interest at heart. I have been allowed lead and take risks with the support of staff, students, and parents. The Lowell is truly a special place, where kindness and inclusiveness prevails.

I will ensure that the transition to the new principal is a smooth one that provides consistency and continuity for all students and staff.  I look forward to supporting all elementary school communities, including the Lowell, in my new role. Please contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Kaplan

Dear Lowell Community Members,

Mrs. Kaplan will be stepping down from her role as principal of the Lowell School to accept the position of Elementary Math/Science Coordinator in our District. I am pleased that Elizabeth is able to continue to work in Watertown in a position that will better address her family and healthneeds.

Today, Mr. Craig Hardimon, Director of Human Resources, began the search process for an interim principal for the 2016-2017 school year. We will keep you updated on the progress of the search.

I am grateful to Mrs. Kaplan for her willingness to ensure that this transition process will be a smooth one.

In her new role, Mrs. Kaplan will still have significant contact with the students and teachers at Lowell.

Sincerely,

Jean Fitzgerald, Ed.D.

Superintendent

No comments:

Post a Comment